A brand is more than its logo, name or slogan – it’s the entire experience the prospects and customers have with the company, products or services.
Getting a better Google ranking or simply promoting the brand on owned social media channels serves too less of brand’s desired objectives. It used to be an extremely relevant activity a decade ago, but in the current era the major focus area becomes the messaging aspect. A brand should now ask themselves:
- What message are they looking to promote in digital?
- Who are they looking at promoting their message to?
- Why will those people care about the brand’s message?
While a brand thinks of these important questions, it should also chart out an over-arching framework that encompasses all the activities/campaigns a brand wishes to carry out on digital media. With right strategic marketing and consulting services, a brand can simplify this task. From defining the various segments of people to be targeted, messaging to be communicated and its tonality, deciding on the call for action (emotional as well as physical), building presence platform by platform to measuring and analysing the performance; the framework should have it all. Once this framework is built, the message is defined, followed by its manifestations per medium across the internet.
Simply put, following are the questions that you want to ask before beginning digital activation for the brand.
- Who is your target audience?
- What is the message you want to communicate to them?
- Why should they listen to you?
- What is the tonality?
- What is it the Emotional Call For Action you want the person to be left with after engaging?
- What is it the Physical Call To Action you want the person to do after he/she engages?
Once you have answers for the above questions, build the strategy platform by platform. Most importantly, don’t forget to measure the data, analyse it and repeat what worked.
The question is why brands should be bothered about strategic marketing and consulting services?
The customers today want to identify with a brand they can grow with, that earns their trust and makes them feel valued. People want to evolve with a brand whose products and services help give their business or life meaning and significance. End to end, a brand must become a consumer’s best friend. A right brand strategy is what helps you manage perceptions about your brand and create positive outcomes.
Among the numerous benefits of using strategic marketing services, following are the notable ones:
- Clarity of path to be followed on digital media and expected outcomes
- Identification of desired consumer response
- Appropriate communication and engagement with the target audience
- Brand positioning and management
- Awareness about competitor campaigns
- Perception management
In recent times, many brands have realized the importance of strategic management services for digital marketing. However, the key difference between those who succeed and those who fail is in the way which strategic management is done and strategic planning is carried out. Of course, there are still firms that do not engage in strategic planning. These firms ought to realize the benefits of strategic management and ensure their longer-term viability and success in the digital marketplace.